On this episode of Euro Incision Nina is joined by Gabriele Marcotti as the pair discuss Liverpool's goalkeeping target Alisson. Gab gives an in-depth view on the keeper and if he'd suit and fit Jurgen Klopp's team. Gab also highlights his strength and weaknesses whilst offering comparisons to Manchester City's Ederson. He also answers subscriber questions listed below:
- Omar Shah asks given his fairly short time at the top level in European football, would you have any doubts over his ability (is this just a one-off good season) or is he definitely destined to become a top, top keeper?
- Omar Shah asks: In his opinion, looking at value for money and perceived long-term progression of the player, who would he opt for if he was Klopp, Alisson or Oblak?
- Omar Shah asks: If he is a viable target, is he attainable in January or the Summer?
- Sam McGuire asks - My issue would be is a keeper, who is 25-years-old, with less than 70 club appearances worth £45/50m
- Subscriber Darragh Mc Cusker asks - Would Allison suit our style of play, does he command his box for crosses and corner
- Subscriber Bard Nikolas Vik Steen asks: Don't you think Thomas Strakosha is a better option than Allison? A beast and just as good. Might he also be easier to get given our steal of Mo from Roma?
- Final question on Alisson, would he be an upgrade on what we have currently?
- Tim Hines is asking whether you know if it’s solely the release clause that LFC do not want or is it that Can and his agent are asking for a figure below what LFC feel is his market value?
- Subscriber Sufian Abu Amshar asks - Do you think Emre Can would prefer to stay at LFC if he is guaranteed the no.6 spot?
- Tabish Aleemullah aka Tubbs asks - What are your thoughts on Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (SMS) at Lazio and how he would fit in Klopp's Liverpool team + the likely fee required?
- Jason Belk - Is there a Phil replacement playing anywhere in Italy
All this and more on a special transfer edition of The Euro Incision podcast.