Gags is joined by Anfield Index regular Mo Chatra to discuss one of the most contentious subjects amongst the Liverpool fanbase- FSG's transfer strategy.
Gags and Mo have analysed all transfer activity under FSG in addition to the clubs finances and share some very interesting findings that should give fans an idea of what to expect in this summer's transfer window.
Amongst the subjects covered include:
- net spend (including analysis per manager)
- age profile of signings (is the club likely to spend big money on players aged 27 and over?)
- why has the hit-rate for new signings improved so much?
- what the VvD transfer fee tells us about FSG's strategy
- can Liverpool outperform clubs that spend more on wages and transfer fees?
- analysis of club finances and why the club's net spend has reduced when turnover has increased
- what type of player Liverpool are likely to recruit and which positions the club is likely to target (includes analysis of where players are from- does Klopp prefer German players?)
- is the club in a good place to secure its key targets?
It's a really informative podcast that will give listeners a sound understanding of the past, present and future of FSG's transfer strategy. Give it a listen!