This morning saw the release of the Premier League fixture list for the 2019/20 season with Liverpool facing Norwich at Anfield on the opening weekend.
Jurgen Klopp’s Reds start their Premier League title quest with a home fixture against Norwich City live on Friday Night Football on August 9th.
Liverpool travel to play Southampton the following weekend before then welcoming Unai Emery’s Arsenal to Anfield in just their third league game of the season.
Some standout dates to note:
- Arsenal (H) – the weekend of August 24th, 2019
- Chelsea (H) – the weekend of September 21st, 2019
- Manchester United (A) – the weekend of October 19th, 2019
- Tottenham Hotspur (H) – the weekend of October 26th, 2019
- Manchester City (H) – the weekend of November 9th, 2019
- Everton (H) – Wednesday, December 4th, 2019
- Tottenham Hotspur (A) – the weekend of January 11th, 2020
- Manchester United (H) – the weekend of January 18th, 2020
- Everton (A) – the weekend of March 14th, 2020
- Manchester City (A) – the weekend of April 4th, 2020
- Arsenal (A) – the weekend of May 2nd, 2020
- Chelsea (H) – the weekend of May 9th, 2020
Liverpool will play Manchester City in the Community Shield on August 4th. They also play the European Super Cup against the Europa League winners, Chelsea, on August 14th.
In mid-to-late December, Liverpool will be in Qatar to contest the World Club Championship.
The Champions League final is on in Istanbul on May 30th, 2020 (Steven Gerrard’s 40th birthday).
For the most in-depth tactical and statistical analysis regarding Liverpool FC sign up now! The original home of Pressing Stats, Anfield Index also brings you the latest views from club legends such as Jan Molby.
Hear from the UK’s top journalists, managers, professionals, sports scientists, physios and sports psychologists as we bring you the ultimate LFC fan experience provided on approximately 30 podcasts every month for our AI:Pro listeners!!
Enjoy all this and more for just £4.99 per month at Anfield Index Pro!!