Dan Kennett hosts Daniel Rhodes, Dr Phil Barter and Simon Brundish to analyse the comeback win at Wolves. The pod starts with a look at LFC’s 16 game unbeaten run as this is Klopp’s 5th such run during his time in charge. Before discussing the match itself, the lads have a 20 minute angry nerd section discussing:
- The impact of so much injury time on p90 metrics and why all the stats websites need to urgently change
- How can you tell the story of a match with data viz if the data doesn’t capture key events?
- XG and the law of large numbers
For the Wolves match the lads go through:
- Selection, particularly the South American players. Impact of playing at altitude
- Match summary of key stats
- First half, system stays the same but with different players. Did it work?
- Build-up and negative transition problems
- Wolves aggressive dribbling: Neto and Semedo praise
- Tactical changes. Gomez no longer inverting, Nunez shows actual link-up
- Reds take control, Curtis Jones tribute
- Dom Szoboszlai!!! is he actually a cyborg made in a lab? Record breaking top speed, distance covered
- LFC goals, too much luck used?
- Andy Robbo goalscoring analysis
— SimonBrundish (@SimonBrundish) September 18, 2023
Take your Liverpool fandom to the next level with Anfield Index! Boasting over 50 free podcasts monthly, we are your premier destination for unparalleled Liverpool FC coverage. Dive deep with match previews, cutting edge post-game reviews, and the latest transfer chitter chatter. Our esteemed statistical analysis and exclusive conversations with Liverpool Legends set us apart. Experience the difference with us today, no charge or subscription required.
Prefer an ad-free listening experience? Join AI:PRO today, from only £3.33 per month.
Supercharge your support for the Reds with Anfield Index.