LADS ARMY: SCOUSER TOMMIES
Plenty for Jim Boardman and Jay Reid to discuss on this week’s episode of Scouser Tommies, as the temporary slowdown in fixtures comes to an end and we go back to two big games a week.
The heavy schedule has taken its toll on the Reds squad, as discussed many times over the course of this campaign, and as soon as one or two come back another one or two break down. Seems we’ve a long wait before we get an empty treatment room. Is any of it our own doing - did Jurgen Klopp rush Trent Alexander Arnold back too soon for example? It’s easier than you think to work out what should be a fairly obvious answer to that question, as Jay and Jim discuss.
As for the injuries themselves, why is it some clubs seem to get tons of sympathy if even one important player is missing, where Liverpool are kind of just expected to get on with it, even when numerous key names are absent and the youngsters are filling in.
Confirmation this week that Sven-Goran Eriksson is set to play a part as a member of the Reds management team for the next LFC Legends game. The news was welcomed by fans and Reds staff alike and it was no surprise the club went to the effort of making the lifelong Liverpool fan part of the occasion, at what is, to say the least, a very difficult time for him.
As always, the lads across the park are available to lighten the mood.
- Trent’s injury - was he pushed too soon?
- As one comes back another goes out - story of the season
- The positive impact of the academy on the first team’s injury woes
- The impact on the academy of those woes!
- Doing things the right way financially - unlike some clubs
- Awards time - Reds almost cleaning up
- Is it pushing it to use the word ‘Legends’ for some of those involved in the Legends game this time?
- What does it say about where we were not too many years ago?
- Is the so-called leading contender likely to be the new manager?
- Who would be happy their own team lost? One guess.
- The laughable reason why the team from the south can’t be given digital tickets for the final
- Best wishes to Sven
- Get well soon Roy
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices