On the latest Molby On The Spot, Trev Downey and Jan Molby discuss the week that was for Liverpool and look ahead at the week to come.
- Jan gives his verdict on the PGMOL farce and the fallout from the release of the audio.
- The lads discuss the disappointing tribalism and myopia that followed from the journalists, managers and fans of rival clubs.
- Trev asks Jan to salvage the positives from the debacle and the focus is on the tremendous display by the Reds in the face of adversity.
- There’s a chat about Joe Gomez and his tentative return to his best form and the lads reflect on Jan’s recent chat with Trent Alexander Arnold and what the armband means to him.
- This, in turn leads to a conversation about Steven Gerrard and the burden of captaincy in English football.
- Obviously, there’s some talk of the win over Union Saint Gilloise and Jan runs the rule over the weekend challenge posed by Brighton as the lads speculate on the likely Reds team to face the Seagulls. All this and a whole lot more!
Take your Liverpool fandom to the next level with Anfield Index! Boasting over 50 free podcasts monthly, we are your premier destination for unparalleled Liverpool FC coverage. Dive deep with match previews, cutting edge post-game reviews, and the latest transfer chitter chatter. Our esteemed statistical analysis and exclusive conversations with Liverpool Legends set us apart. Experience the difference with us today, no charge or subscription required.
Prefer an ad-free listening experience? Join AI:PRO today, from only £3.33 per month.
Supercharge your support for the Reds with Anfield Index.